Monday, June 15, 2009

What would Ralph Macchio do?



Lately I been feeling like I am at a crossroads.  The past few weeks I just been feeling sorta uneasy.  Not really sure why.  I've been playing shows that have been pretty good, i'm working on music that I am happy with, and I come to realize everyday that I have some of the best friends in the world.  But still, for whatever reason, I just feel like I'm swimming up current right now and if I could swim with the flow, then things would just be easier.  Maybe its the placement of the stars at this stage of life, or maybe I just need to suck it up and deal.  But whatever it is, I love the way that a certain song can just explain it so well.  I have three songs that I been feeling alot lately and all of em way different from each other.  

The first is by this dude Blu.  Blu is out of LA and has been getting all kinds of buzz lately.  He is a very good homie to my boy Jack Spade who really got me listening to him.  He dropped this record called Below the Heavens with producer Exile and it has really grown on me in the past few months.  He really speaks from a part of the soul that just hits me.  Like I know Blu be feeling the same way I feel right now.  This is a track I think says it perfect.  What the hell am I supposed to do?


Next we have Elvis Costello.  To be completely honest I have never owned a Elvis Costello album.  But I was walking through the store today and this came on the radio.  I forgot about this song, not unlike many that played their own part in the soundtrack of your life.  You know those songs that you used to love when you were like 6 but completely forgot about.  And then when it comes on you just go back to that place.  Well this track did it for me today and maybe it can for you too.


Finally, from a new band I discovered recently.  Every year I end up finding a song that just becomes a summertime anthem for me.  Those kinda songs that just make you smile and enjoy the sun warming your face just a little bit more when its playing on the box.  Last year for me it was MGMT "Kids."  Other summertime jams for me have been Common Market "Connect 4", Crown City Rockers "B-Boy", and Minus the Bear "Absinth Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse".  Well this summer the winner is Passion Pit "Little Secrets".  I love this song so much right now.  I really want the instrumental so that I can rap over it and lace it but still haven't found it yet.  I hope it makes you smile as much as it does me.


No comments:

Post a Comment